Quote Templates and Business Rules RRS feed

• Question

• I have created business rules to calculate total tax and add it to the total amount but when i run report or even use a word template the total tax is zero instead of the calculated amount and also the total amount is less of the total tax. Please help, i am new to Ms Dynamics 365.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi, What context is the business rule set to? Form or Entity? If it's Entity, it should fire whether created via the form, or programmatically etc. Also make sure it is activated, and check that the tax is being calculated when you're on the form.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by Pius254 Friday, September 1, 2017 1:22 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:07 PM
  • I created custom fields to store the calculated values of Total Tax and Total Amount respectively, unfortunately this solution is only working for newly created quotes but not the existing ones. Is there a work around to this problem? 
    • Marked as answer by Pius254 Friday, September 1, 2017 1:23 PM
    Friday, September 1, 2017 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi, What context is the business rule set to? Form or Entity? If it's Entity, it should fire whether created via the form, or programmatically etc. Also make sure it is activated, and check that the tax is being calculated when you're on the form.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by Pius254 Friday, September 1, 2017 1:22 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:07 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks, i've set the business rules at the Entity (Quote). The tax is being well calculated and added to the total amount. The problem is arising when i use a word template i have created to export the quote. Total Tax is zero-does not reflect the calculated value, and the Total Amount resets back to the system calculated value. How do i fix that?

Thank you

Pius

• Proposed as answer by Moh Helper Friday, September 1, 2017 9:15 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Moh Helper Friday, September 1, 2017 9:15 AM
    Friday, September 1, 2017 5:44 AM
  • Hi,

Can you try this solution : Simply create a text field and a workflow that copies the value from the decimal field to the text field and use the text field in the word template. I think that it should work. 

Kr, 

Mohamed

Friday, September 1, 2017 9:16 AM
  • I created custom fields to store the calculated values of Total Tax and Total Amount respectively, unfortunately this solution is only working for newly created quotes but not the existing ones. Is there a work around to this problem? 
    • Marked as answer by Pius254 Friday, September 1, 2017 1:23 PM
    Friday, September 1, 2017 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

I created custom fields to store the calculated values of Total Tax and Total Amount respectively, unfortunately this solution is only working for newly created quotes but not the existing ones. Is there a work around to this problem?

Cheers

Pius

Friday, September 1, 2017 1:24 PM
  • For the existing one, how much records you have to modify ? 
    Friday, September 1, 2017 1:27 PM
  • I am not modifying the existing ones i just want to use the word template on them.
    Monday, September 4, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Yes I understand but you have to change the values of the custom field for the existing one to have the good value on the word template. And the method to change depends on the number of existing one already in the CRM. 
    Monday, September 4, 2017 9:24 AM