Resources covering change units? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

I have read the few msdn texts and looked at the api docs but there is not very much covering how to implement a provider that tracks changes made to individual fields/properties via the change unit concept.

Will we see followups to the excellent sync fwk tutorials from Liam covering change units? Or do you have other resources to point to?

Best regards,

/marcus
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:11 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Marcus,

I dont think we have a sample that demonstrates the change unit.

We will try to publish one as soon as we can. Meanwhile I would recommend you to look into the docs that can help shed light into its usage pattern.

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:02 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Marcus,

I dont think we have a sample that demonstrates the change unit.

We will try to publish one as soon as we can. Meanwhile I would recommend you to look into the docs that can help shed light into its usage pattern.

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:02 PM
  • Hello Mahesh,

thanks for the answer, long at last comes a followup:

My opinion: I still would like samples or even better unit tests that show intended usage. If you want wider adoption of this framework, I believe docs (and API) needs improvement. And a good sync framework is needed!

It would be great if you would post here if such samples arrive!

/marcus
    Friday, August 8, 2008 8:49 AM
  •  

Marcus,

Good timing Smile

Please take a look at this site. It has the sample with change units.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=1411

Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:44 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any example explaining how to split a file into units and synchronize only the changed units (like rsync in linux) instead of replacing the entire file. Is this scenario is supported with ChangeUnits?

I need this very urgently.

Can anyone help me in this regard?

Thank you.
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:36 AM