Outlook client - CRM Trying to connect never connects RRS feed

• Question

• The outlook client suddenly stopped connecting to CRM online! the web one works fine.

I have the up to date rollup installed: version 5.0.9690.2243.

what's wrong here?

Rebooted the machine; shut down Outlook 2010.

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:52 PM

Answers

• seems repairing MS Online services Sign-in Assistant solved the problem! Re-installing did not re-install it because it will check the version first then tell you that you already have the newest version.

Then I removed the profile and added the profile again.

• Marked as answer by Guangming Monday, August 13, 2012 4:33 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 4:33 PM

All replies

• Is this happenning on other machines too or just one?  Your time/timezone settings on that particular machine could be messed up of there could be a firewall or something blocking it.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:59 PM
  • You could also check out the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Troubleshooting Wizard to see if it gives you any ideas.

Jason Lattimer

Monday, August 13, 2012 3:21 PM
  • did not work: I re-installed the rollup8, I did change my password. It seems something preventing my client connecting the server in outlook. Something in Windows Firewall? no entry in windows firewall related to Outlook or CRM.

Everything works fine in web browser!

Monday, August 13, 2012 4:02 PM
  • seems repairing MS Online services Sign-in Assistant solved the problem! Re-installing did not re-install it because it will check the version first then tell you that you already have the newest version.

Then I removed the profile and added the profile again.

• Marked as answer by Guangming Monday, August 13, 2012 4:33 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 4:33 PM
  • How and where did you do that?
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:52 PM