Address book question / search returning wrong info RRS feed

• Question

• I have OCS 2007 Standard setup in a one SIP pool environment - mycompany.com, same as my companies SMTP domain.  The Domain name for my company is actually mycompany.net, and originally not knowing any better, this is how I set up the SIP pool.  Since then I have removed mycompany.net and added mycompany.com by running through the Configuration wizard. 

I have the users set up to login using their email address which would look like user1@mycompany.com.  Login works correctly and all users that are enabled can login to the server with no issues.

The issue lies with the search component.  When I search on a coworker's name user2, it shows up as "Presence Unknown" even though I know they are online.  Upon further inspection of the account user2, it finds user2@mycompany.NET and not user2@mycompany.COM.  A workaround is to search a group that this user is a member of and it will find the correct account.  I can't roll this out unless it can find the correct account though, otherwise it makes it too complicated for the users I have to comprehend.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  To make the .COM address get returned of the users that are being searched?

Let me know if you need more specifics, etc...

Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:32 PM

All replies

• After you reconfigured your OCS environment to use the SIP domain mycompany.com did you go back to each user's account and update their SIP address?

Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:08 PM
  • Yes, each user was configured to log in using their email address in both Active Directory and on the Communicator Client.

Looks like this sip:user1@mycompany.com

Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:19 PM
  • Also, did you allow time for the address book to rebuild and download?  If not then the user searches will return the .net address.  To force the address book to download run abserver -syncnow from \program files\microsoft office communications server 2007\server\core.  Once that has completed (you will see an event in the event log indicating that it has completed), exit Communicator and then open it up again.  It should download the new address book.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:52 PM