SyncToy 2.1 Problem - all right folders match drive letter of left folders RRS feed

• Question

• 2010-11-30

After about 5 months of Synctoy 2.1 usage, ALL of my created jobs now show the right (target) folders as the same drive letter, i.e  C:\audio-backup, and therefore, when executing a job, determines that no files require syncing to an external D:\ drive, since source and target paths are the same (C in this case).  

Would be handy to have an "Edit Jobs" option, so that I could repair these manually.

All jobs were created with "contribute" functionality, and originally as C-drive on lef folder, and D-drive on right folder.

Could a virus alter synctoy 2.1 job files / meta-data?  Can I repair these paths via the registry?

Thanks

Pete

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:24 AM

All replies

• 4/5/2011

I'm baaaa-yack and I got the same problem again.  Apparently no community-wide solutions for this one.  Time to write some crude scripts using Xcopy and leave it at that.  Who wants to recreate their contribute sync jobs every few months, especially since SyncToy 2.1 insists on detecting changes on all files with the new job and consumes countless hours repeating a full backup.  For all I know, something may be corrupting all my files then syncing them to the target drive, leaving me with a completed corrupt set of data.  Zero gain solution.

Out..

Pete

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:20 AM