Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a laptop with windows XP installed. Now that I want to install Microsoft Vista, it asks me for the product key, when running the Microsoft validation software, I get the product key, but the first two parts are not shown, instead ********-********are shown. How to get the whole product key?

thanks

Saturday, November 18, 2006 12:33 PM

Answers

•  Dhaifallah wrote:

I bought a laptop with windows XP installed. Now that I want to install Microsoft Vista, it asks me for the product key, when running the Microsoft validation software, I get the product key, but the first two parts are not shown, instead ********-********are shown. How to get the whole product key?

thanks

Your statement "Now that I want to install Microsoft Vista, it asks me for the product key..." implies you need a Product Key for Windows Vista.  Where did you get your copy of Windows Vista from?

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:26 PM
  • You can purchase a Windows Vista license from your favorite software retailer anytime after January 30, 2007.
    Friday, December 29, 2006 1:45 AM

All replies

• please note that my windows xp is genuin, and it passes microsoft validation software.

regards,

Dhaif

Saturday, November 18, 2006 12:53 PM
  •  Dhaifallah wrote:

I bought a laptop with windows XP installed. Now that I want to install Microsoft Vista, it asks me for the product key, when running the Microsoft validation software, I get the product key, but the first two parts are not shown, instead ********-********are shown. How to get the whole product key?

thanks

Your statement "Now that I want to install Microsoft Vista, it asks me for the product key..." implies you need a Product Key for Windows Vista.  Where did you get your copy of Windows Vista from?

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:26 PM
  • hi, you are right, It is asking for MS Vista product Key,  and thanks god I have it in my e-mail, things are okay now. thanks a lot.
    Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:53 PM
  • hi there!! plz plz can u send me copy of the vista activation code pinguesworld@hotmail.com

many thnx

Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:43 PM
  • You can purchase a Windows Vista license from your favorite software retailer anytime after January 30, 2007.
    Friday, December 29, 2006 1:45 AM
  • hi

my system was not active

please                  product key :???

Friday, March 30, 2007 8:56 AM