Code2Fame Challenge!! You can finally submit! RRS feed

• Question

• They have updated the website to include some of the questions everyone has been asking me.  We can also finally submit... of course I can't because I work for Microsoft but most of you all can!  I suggest taking a read.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 11:37 PM

Answers

• From the recent blog post ...http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/archive/2007/07/04/code2fame-challenge-and-add-ins.aspx  you can find the contest rules.

We would have loved to make Code2Fame a worldwide contest, but due to the complexities of contest rules and regulations that vary by country, international tax laws, and travel requirements – we choose to limit this to USA and Canada.  We know that that there are a lot of great developers throughout the world, and some people outside of the USA and Canada are building some really cool add-ins and sharing them via the Developers Forum on the community site. 

It is really, really complex to do worldwide contests that involve cash prizes, you don't want to know how many meetings I have been to .....  

The home server team will gladly publicize great add-ins that are built both for the contest and by people outside of the contest.  Our goal is to make all of the great developers famous - if that is what you want ...

Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:50 PM

All replies

• Can you please give a good reason why people outside US cannot join.

Eventhough I am not effected I believe that this is unfair and unreasonable.

Will you not be selling WHS outside US?

You are not interested about the input Outside US?

I have seen competitions comming for Microsoft ( for exaple BizTalk Developers Competition) that were world wide and the winners span the globe, so there are no legal problems.

What is the problem?

Regards,

Evangelos

Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:23 AM
  • Good day,

I am as well would like to add my voice to Evangelos to know the reasons.

My best,
    Ahmad
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 12:07 PM
  • I would also like to know the legal ramifications that justify a age/national requirement. It's allways been my asumption talent knew neither.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 9:28 PM
  • From the recent blog post ...http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/archive/2007/07/04/code2fame-challenge-and-add-ins.aspx  you can find the contest rules.

We would have loved to make Code2Fame a worldwide contest, but due to the complexities of contest rules and regulations that vary by country, international tax laws, and travel requirements – we choose to limit this to USA and Canada.  We know that that there are a lot of great developers throughout the world, and some people outside of the USA and Canada are building some really cool add-ins and sharing them via the Developers Forum on the community site. 

It is really, really complex to do worldwide contests that involve cash prizes, you don't want to know how many meetings I have been to .....  

The home server team will gladly publicize great add-ins that are built both for the contest and by people outside of the contest.  Our goal is to make all of the great developers famous - if that is what you want ...

Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:50 PM
  • Evangelos I'am in the US and also like you a MVP, if you would like me to submit your app for you, I need nothing in return you get the cash if you win.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 5:29 PM
  • Who are the 6 finalists?  Has anyone been notified yet?

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:23 PM
  • If people had been notified they'd probably have been asked not to say anything till it was officially announced.

That's what I'd assume anyway.

A.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:19 PM
  •  

Congrats Andrew on picking up first prize, great add in too!
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:53 PM