none
SyncToy2 RRS feed

• Question

• I know the files on the left side differ from the files on the right side.  SyncToy finds both sides and checks for differences but then reports there are no files to update.  I've reloaded SyncToy and deleted and rewrote the "pair" but the same porblem is present.  It reads and checks every file and reports there are no files to change.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:00 AM

Answers

• Hi -

I am unfamiliar with Action Outline Pro 3.0. However, it is possible that this software does not update timestamps on the files. Can you check the timestamps on the file after you have updated it to see if it differs from the original file. Another option is to check the "Check file contents" check box on the folder pair and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Friday, July 17, 2009 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi -

How do you know that the files on both sides differ? As in what are you using to decide that they are different? Can you also let us know what kind of drives the two sides are ?

Thanks
    Deepa
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:49 AM
  • The left side is a desktop running Vista from a SATA drive.  I've created an outline using Action Outline Pro 3.0.  After copying the outline onto a thumb drive, I then copied the file to my laptop which is also running Action Outline Pro.  Thus I know two identical file existed on each computer.  After making chnges to the outline on the desktop (thus I know the file is different), I then used Synctoy2 to update the file on the laptop.  Synctoy2 can see and list all the files on both hard drives and it checks both drives claiming to have updated and made the apporpriate changes, but the files files have not changed.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:34 PM
  • Hi -

I am unfamiliar with Action Outline Pro 3.0. However, it is possible that this software does not update timestamps on the files. Can you check the timestamps on the file after you have updated it to see if it differs from the original file. Another option is to check the "Check file contents" check box on the folder pair and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Friday, July 17, 2009 6:44 PM