If someone has answered your question, please mark it as answered! RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

After posting a question and obtaining an answer, please try to mark the thread as answered.  It helps improve the chance of other threads obtaining answers from members of the Windows Home Server forum.

Just a note: 

If a moderator marks an answer as answered, the creator of the thread can unmark the post as answered. 

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 12:38 AM

All replies

• How do you mark the post as answered?  I don't see that option, only see reply, new thread, etc...

I've checked help and it advises you to mark as answered but doesn't provide "how to".

Thanks!

Mark

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:32 PM
  • When you intiate a Question thread, you will have the ability to mark any post as an answer.  You can mark more than one reply that way.

If you are coming into a thread and did not create the thread, you can mark a post as Helpful.  This gives credit to a users star rating.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 9:30 PM
  • I dp not see where to mark my thread as answered.  Maybe it was already done by a forum admin?
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:24 AM
  •  tech lab wrote:
    I dp not see where to mark my thread as answered. 

There should be a button titled "Mark as Answer" next to the reply and edit buttons. If it is not available to you, please log out of the forums and log back in.

tech lab wrote:
    Maybe it was already done by a forum admin?

If your thread is marked as answered and you did not mark it, then yes, an admin marked it for you.

Thank you

Lara Jones [MS]

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:46 PM
  • If you replied to another thread, then you will not have the ability to mark a reply to your post as an answer. In that case, a moderator would have to mark the answer.

This is one reason why we encourage people to start a new question, rather than following up an old (often answered) thread with a new post.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Hello,

I don't see any of "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer" options, I have only "Reply" and "Quote" available.

I voted the answer as helpful, but it answered my question...

Thank you!

Geozah

Friday, March 2, 2012 3:28 AM