OCS and prefix number dial RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

We have set up an OCS infrastructure. We have a mediation server and a Nortel BCM-400. The integration was achieved by using a Quintum VoIPO gateway.

The problem is, that the PBX requires users to dial 0 in order to reach the PSTN. We have not been able to tell OCS to dial this prefix.

Our PSTN numbers are 8 digits long, and all numbers begin with either 2 or 8. We created the following normalization rule:

Phone pattern:

^([2-8]\d{8})$

Translation pattern:

+0$1

However, even using this rule, OCS does not dial 0 before the number. How can we accomplish this?

Regards,

Luis.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

The adding of the 0 has to be done by the media gateway, in your case the Quintum VoIPO gateway. OCS sends the number in E1.64 format with + prefixed. The media gateway will then have to strip + and country code (and other digits depending on the dialing rules for the PSTN) and add 0. Along the same lines the media gateway needs to make the number E.164 with + prefixed on incoming calls.

best regards

Jens

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:00 AM
  • I know Jens have a lot of experience in this however I think you can get this working.

I have the following rules in a production system:

^00(\d{5})$
    00$1

Then I also have a routing:
    ^00(\d{5})$

This let my users call the same way as they did before and I also have normalization rules for E.164.

What if you change the rule to:
    ^2(\d{8})$

Translation pattern:
    02$1

And then add a route for that, could you test it?

Might be specific to what gateway you are using but for my setup it workes to send both "normal" numbers and E.164.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:12 PM