Multiple Organisations in Dynamics using the Outlook Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  We have 2 organisations, lets call them building and joinery.  Now these 2 companies are in an Active Directory domain for the parent company, and all staff use exchange, and have email addresses for both building and joinery companies.

I've set up the organisations, and you can switch between them, or so it appears, by click the "File" menu in Outlook 2010, and choosing the "CRM" tab.  The 2 organisations are listed, and I can choose either.  

My question is basically on how to use it after that, because the default organisation, and the organisation I'm synchronising with, is building.  But, if I switch to Joinery, and then go back to my inbox and want to track an email, I only get accounts from the Building organisation to tie it to?  Surely this isn't the way it works, otherwise what would be the point of being able to set up another organisation?

Thanks in advance, 

Matt

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Matt,

The synchronization and tracking features can only be used against a single organization, the other organisations are purely accessible via the Crm forms.

Hth,

Scott

www.develop1.net
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by D4MJT Friday, February 17, 2012 1:33 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

It's just one of those things that you need to consider when designing your solution. If you have staff who work in more than one 'organisation' then you would have a single corporate organisation that is split into business units rather than have separate Crm Organisations.

hth,

Scott

www.develop1.net
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:04 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Matt,

The synchronization and tracking features can only be used against a single organization, the other organisations are purely accessible via the Crm forms.

Hth,

Scott

www.develop1.net

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

How bizarre.  Sort of makes the practical application of using multiple organisations in Outlook a bit pointless doesnt it?  

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

It's just one of those things that you need to consider when designing your solution. If you have staff who work in more than one 'organisation' then you would have a single corporate organisation that is split into business units rather than have separate Crm Organisations.

hth,

Scott

www.develop1.net

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:04 PM
    Answerer