How to avoid common .Net DLLs getting stored locally in Temporary ASP.Net files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I've a web application which has a reference to some DLLs (Size is ~270 MB). When i deploy the application in the IIS server for 20 different clients, the DLLs are being copied to 20 times in Temporary ASP.Net location (i.e) one set for each IIS website. 

I anticipate more clients shortly and eventually the Temporary ASP.Net storage would also get increase by copying the DLL for each instance. Is there a way to avoid this multiple copies of the same DLLs in Temporary ASP.Net file ?

Would it solve the problem if i move those DLLs to GAC ?

My intentions is to avoid caching of common DLLs in the Temporary ASP.Net files for each IIS website instance.

Thanks, Anbu.

• Moved by May Luo-MSFT Friday, October 5, 2018 9:32 AM ASP.NET issue
    Friday, October 5, 2018 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Anbu Varadhan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum!

Refer to your description, it seems this issue is about ASP.NET issue. Since our forum is to discuss the .NET Framework Setup and Servicing issues, please redirect to  ASP.NET forum and start a new thread for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, October 5, 2018 9:30 AM