CRM 2011: Field entity value to show up on Opportunities RRS feed

• Question

• I have an entity called Client, there is a field called Client Service Rep. I want this field with the same data to show up on my Oportunities form. Is this possible?
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 1:46 PM

Answers

• I don't think there is a quick/easy way to do this.  If you are comfortable writing plugins, you can do this in a plugin when the 'client' record is updated.

The other alternative is a workflow that runs on the update of the Client Service Rep field on the Client record.  You can tell it to go to the related Opportunity and set the same value on that record.

• Proposed as answer by Chris_Harrington Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by wsilage Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:35 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:14 PM

All replies

• I don't think there is a quick/easy way to do this.  If you are comfortable writing plugins, you can do this in a plugin when the 'client' record is updated.

The other alternative is a workflow that runs on the update of the Client Service Rep field on the Client record.  You can tell it to go to the related Opportunity and set the same value on that record.

• Proposed as answer by Chris_Harrington Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by wsilage Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:35 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Thanks, yeah that is what I did. I created a workflow that updated the file in Opportunities from the Client Entity.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:36 PM