Stopped Working error on Spell check RRS feed

• Question

1. Spell check your post.
    2. Click "Ignore All"
    3. Error Popup...

I just upgrade from v12 to v14 and now I can't ignore any misspelling in a post. I am using Vista 32 SP1. Anyone have any ideas?

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:56 AM

All replies

• We have changed how spell checking works in the new release(v14).  This is probably just a bug with the sdictionary / peller.  What language are you using?
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 5:57 PM
  • I'm pretty sure this is a bug that is fixed in the next release. Can you send me your log file to be sure? Help | About | Show log file, and my e-mail address is joe.cheng *AT* microsoft.com. Thanks

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 10:07 PM
  • WindowsLiveWriter,1.4988,Fail,00026,06-Dec-2008 12:34:18.535,"Unexpected Error Occurred
    Exception Details:
    An unexpected error has occurred within the application.
    System.ApplicationException: Spell checking failed with error code 2
       at WindowsLive.Writer.SpellChecker.NlgSpeller.Chk(UInt32 ptec)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.SpellChecker.NlgSpeller.Ignore(String word)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.SpellChecker.NlgSpellingChecker.IgnoreAll(String word)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.SpellChecker.CompositeSpellingChecker.IgnoreAll(String word)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.SpellChecker.SpellCheckerForm.buttonIgnoreAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)",""
    • Edited by Bobby J Cannon Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:35 PM Didn't read the previous post...
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:31 PM
  • I've found that the spell checker works perfectly when doing a new post. It only seems to fail when checking an open post from a blog site.
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:36 PM
  • If you go to the main menu and do Help | About, you should see a link that says "Show log file". Click on that to bring up the folder that contains the log file.

If for some reason those instructions don't work for you, you can find alternate instructions here: http://jcheng.wordpress.com/writer-tips/logfile

Thanks...
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 2:03 AM
  •  I apologize but I thought the portion posted would be enough. I have emailed you the current complete log file.
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:20 AM
  • Thanks, yeah, we think we have this fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!
    Monday, December 8, 2008 5:07 AM