Error “The given key was not present in the dictionary” When Creating New Custom Entity on Update Event RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On CRM 2013 on-premise, I'm trying to write a plugin that triggers when an update is made to a field on Quote. The plugin then creates a new custom entity "new_contract".

My plugin is successfully triggered when the update to that field is made (I try throwing InvalidPluginExecutionException and it works).

However during the 'Create' I keep getting an error message "The given key was not present in the dictionary" when trying to create the new custom entity. I know it fails during the 'Create' event because if I remove it from my code I don't have any error.

I'm using a "PostImage" in this code. I confirm that it's registered using the same name in Plugin Registration.

Here is the code. Any help is appreciated.

-tri

var targetEntity = context.GetParameterCollection<Entity>(context.InputParameters, "Target");

if (targetEntity == null)
                    throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException(OperationStatus.Failed, "Target Entity cannot be null");

var postImage = context.PostEntityImages["PostImage"];

if (postImage == null)
                    throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException(OperationStatus.Failed, "Post Image is required");

var quote = context.GenerateCompositeEntity(targetEntity, postImage);

var serviceFactory = (IOrganizationServiceFactory)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IOrganizationServiceFactory));
                var service = serviceFactory.CreateOrganizationService(context.UserId);

var contractEntity = new Entity();
                contractEntity = new Entity("new_contract");

if (quote.Attributes.Contains("new_portfolio"))
                {
                    var quotePortfolio = (EntityReference)quote.Attributes["new_portfolio];
                    contractEntity[Schema.new_contract.PortfolioName] = new EntityReference(quotePortfolio.LogicalName, quotePortfolio.Id);
                }

if (quote.Attributes.Contains(Schema.Quote.QuoteName))
                {
                    var quoteName = (string)quote.Attributes["name"];
                    contractEntity[Schema.new_contract.contractName] = quoteName;
                }

var contractId = service.Create(contractEntity);

Friday, October 16, 2015 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you all for the inputs. The plugin is actually registered as PostEvent. However I found out that in my PostImage in PluginRegistration, all the fields needed for the operation were not selected. Thanks for all the hints.

-tri 

• Marked as answer by triangular Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:05 PM

All replies

• This error comes when you try to access any attribute but it is not present in the property beg, I will suggest you to catch Fault Exception which can give you pointer which field creating this issue.

refer:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334685.aspx

Mahender

Saturday, October 17, 2015 7:01 AM
  • If you debug the code you'd find the line that throws the error. From what you've posted, the most likely cause is if the plugin is registered on a PreEvent - if so, there will be no PostEntityImage, so this line would fail

var postImage = context.PostEntityImages["PostImage"];

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Saturday, October 17, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you all for the inputs. The plugin is actually registered as PostEvent. However I found out that in my PostImage in PluginRegistration, all the fields needed for the operation were not selected. Thanks for all the hints.

-tri 

• Marked as answer by triangular Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:05 PM