Advice needed on creating web-based dashboard which pulls data from various MS/non-MS services RRS feed

• Question

• I've been tasked with finding a developer to create a web-based, single sign-on dashboard which displays the following content:

• a list of available RDP connections (2k12 std server)
    • List of unread mail (exchange server 2013 std)
    • Content from ConnectWise (support ticket system with API and ActiveDirectory authentication capabilities)
    • Content from other open systems (non-MS) in the future (with ActiveDirectory auth)
    • Customizable notification messages from management directed to user groups (from AD)

Single Sign-on feature would take user's u/p and authenticate against their existing Active Directory profile.

I am unfamiliar with the technologies required to produce something like this so I don't know what to put in a job description! Does anyone have experience with creating something similar and have some advice as far as development platform/language, how to accomplish the single sign-on? Is .NET the way to go?

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Monday, November 4, 2013 5:10 PM

Answers

• You might be able to search these out individually in MSDN library.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library

but may be better off contacting a developer or systems integrator familiar with these topics.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The forum supports .Net Framework Setup. And your issue isn't related to the forum.

I will move the thread to "Where is the Forum For..." forum for better support.

Best Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:19 AM
  • You might be able to search these out individually in MSDN library.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library

but may be better off contacting a developer or systems integrator familiar with these topics.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:22 AM