I'm having problems downloading the troubleshooter.
Here is a copy of my MatSvc event log:
- System - Provider [ Name] MatSvc - EventID 3 [ Qualifiers] 49156 Level 2 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2011-01-23T01:49:15.000Z EventRecordID 57555 Channel Application Computer MLP-Laptop Security - EventData hr=0x80072EE2 ISapCatalogService::GetFullSapCatalog
Here is the warning log
- System - Provider [ Name] MatSvc - EventID 12 [ Qualifiers] 32772 Level 3 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2011-01-23T01:48:44.000Z EventRecordID 57554 Channel Application Computer MLP-Laptop Security - EventData hr=0x80072F94 Keyword:GetUrlProxyInfoSunday, January 23, 2011 2:19 AM
Thanks for your interesting in "Microsoft Fix it Center Beta". Based on your description, It may be caused by the MatSve not starpup, could you please check weather you MatSve is startup.
Please let me know if any questions about this issue.Monday, January 24, 2011 5:57 AM
I have Windows Xp service pack 3 and I have a same problem i get error" Unable to download troubleshooters, check your internet connection"
while I have checked my connection and found it's working properly and also I have added exception to FirewallTuesday, January 25, 2011 3:30 PM
The error may be caused by the MatSvc not started, please check the MatSvc to make sure the services is started. you can follow the below setup:
1. Click Starp --> Run, input "services.msc" then click Ok.
2. In the Services window, find the "Microsoft Automated Troubleshooteing Services", start it.
3. If the access is denied. you can right click the "Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services", select Properties, under the Log On panel, click Browser, enter the Administrator account then click check names and finally click ok.
Please let me know if any question about this issue.
SamThursday, January 27, 2011 1:37 AM
Hi "microsoft moderator" Sam
I have been a IT tech for 10 years and i know that these services shouldnt be running as "an Administrator account" what if u change ur password or delete that account.
shouldnt these run as an inbuilt service level account, please specify which one.
just goes to show you what level of tech u need to be a MS service engineer
GWednesday, February 09, 2011 8:48 PM
I have same problem "unable to download troubleshooters, check your internet conection". Clearly as i have read and posted this on the forum my internet connection works
1 - MatSvc PID=2852 is runing
2 - microsift icon Microsoft Mr Fix it Center is running as administrator
Ric howard - PS i am using Visa Home Premium sp 2Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:43 AM