Vista Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make my Vista Desktop a Live Mesh Folder.  There is no option to di this on the right click menu.  Is it possible to make my Vista Desktop a Live Mesh Folder (IE sync my PC Desktop to my laptop desktop).  Runninf Visa 32bit.  The right click menu has an option to convert almost any other foler into a Live Mesh Foler, just not the desktop folder.
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 5:24 AM

Answers

• The Desktop is among the exclusions to Live Mesh folder synshronization. From the known issues post - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/ed5676d9-59a4-4203-9191-d7f0d72f467b 

Issue: Are there types of files that I cannot share or synchronize?
    A
    nswer: Yes.
    You cannot synchronize or share the following with Live Mesh:

• Files containing obscene or copyrighted material. Copying or sharing unauthorized materials, including materials that you did not create or you do not have the rights necessary for use, is a violation of the Windows Live terms of use. See the Microsoft Copyright Notice and FAQ.
    • Files whose names begin with a tilde (~)
    • desktop.ini
    •  thumbs.db
    •  Hidden files
    • Windows Systems folders
    • Your Desktop directory folder (for example, C:\users\[myusername]\Desktop on Windows Vista or C:\Documents and Settings\[myusername]\Desktop on Windows XP)
    • Files and folders stored on removable media (such as an external hard drive, flash drive, or USB drive)
    • Files and folders stored on mapped network drives
    • Files and folders stored on mapped network drives

Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 5:53 AM