Can't run workflows on CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

We've encountered an issue on one of our CRM servers that we can't run any workflows - we immediately get an exception.  Looking at the traces we get this:

>System.NullReferenceException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #53B90165: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ValidateRequestParameters(SdkRequestDescription requestDescription, OrganizationRequest request, IOrganizationContext context)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequest(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, UserAuth userAuth, Guid targetUserId, OrganizationContext context, Boolean returnResponse, Boolean checkAdminMode)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequest(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, Boolean checkAdminMode)
    >   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, Boolean checkAdminMode)

Looks to me like there's some sort of internal error in the CRM, but I can't get any more information than that so it's pretty useless.

Can anyone assist with what's going wrong with this?

Friday, February 20, 2015 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did workflows worked before on your CRM?
    Maybe you can check the services running on the server?
    The "Asynchronous processing service" takes care of the workflows. You can check if this service perhaps has stopped.

Alexander

Friday, February 20, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Hello,

have you got any custom workflow assembly registered on your CRM system? if yes then check to make sure it is not causing this failure.

one thing you could try is create new Draft workflow and see if system allows you to create new Draft workflow or not?

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Friday, February 20, 2015 4:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Adam,

I concur with the 2 previous replies. Please check if there are any synchronous work flows throwing error. You can also increase the trace logging level to info - for a short period of time and see if you can get any meaningful message.

Jithesh

Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:49 AM