The road to MCPD: Windows developer 4. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys.

I'm currently preparing my exams to gain certification in the above mentioned expertise: Windows developer 4.

According to the MS site, I have to pass 3 MCTS exams:

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

and then pass one PRO exam, to earn the last credit towards the MCPD certification.

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

However, a friend of mine told me that the 3 MCTS exams have prerequisites of their own, he mentioned ".NET Framework - Application Development Foundation (Exam 70-536)"... Whereas I thought the latter was only required when doing the MCPD 2008 version?

Can anyone confirm that you "only" need to pass exams 70-511, 70-513, 70-516 and 70-518 to earn the MCPD Windows developer 4 certification?

Kind regards

RootKid

"The improbable we do, the impossible just takes a little longer." (Steven Parker)
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you check the certification path here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/D/D/BDD81000-E7E6-4B7A-A213-8579369FB0AF/VisualStudio2010_CertPath.pdf 

it has no mention of a prerequisite for the basic-certification exams (70-511, 70-513, 70-516). Maybe your friend was talking about the upgrade exams (for upgrading from 3.5 to 4.0).

Here I can confirm that you need to pass 70-511, 70-513, 70-516 and 70-518 to earn the MCPD Windows developer 4 certification.

Dimitri C. - Please mark the replies as answers if they help! Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Hey Dimitri,

thank you very much for your confirmation!  

I'm also very happy you linked that PDF.  It's very clear, and doesn't even mention the 50-536 exam at all...

Very much appreciated!

Kind regards

RootKid

"The improbable we do, the impossible just takes a little longer." (Steven Parker)
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:55 AM