everquest II and vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have just bought a new hp computer with windows vista on it and it will not let me download everquest II. is there some patch I need to be aware of to be able to run this program?

Monday, January 7, 2008 12:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Patirn,

I have heard of no problems with downloading EQ II while using Vista. My suggestion would be to first go the EQ II forums and/or support area and search to see if there is any Known issue (or any players that had the same problem) and what the work-around is.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Patirn,

I have heard of no problems with downloading EQ II while using Vista. My suggestion would be to first go the EQ II forums and/or support area and search to see if there is any Known issue (or any players that had the same problem) and what the work-around is.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:55 PM
  • Actually, Mr. Forum Manager, there's a HUGE problem with downloading eq2 with Vista. You have to make sure all your UAC security settings are on "allow" and that you right click and "Run as Administrator" EVERY time you open the game. It's really friggin' annoying so if you have any pull, microsoft should get on a fix because eq2 is the whole reason I have a PC...
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:45 AM
  • That is odd, I play WoW and Lord of the Rings Online and neither of those games require you to go thru all that. So obvously it's not Vista that requires it, but the way EQ2 was built.  Sounds like you should ask the EQ2 Devs to look into changing that.

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:50 PM
  • I have just learned to deal with that particular issue but I will tell you that I keep having problems with Windows Vista 32bit home basic and Memory Dumping every time I get on EQ2 and a few other games I used to have 2 gig of ram in my comp but now I have jacked that up to 6 gig and still having issues so its not my machine... It really is not Ever Quest that has a problem. Now, I know I have the most basic version of Vista but that doesnt mean I should have to deal with this. How can I fix this problem? Sony actually suggests that I download a service pack from Microsoft but I cannot find it anywhere. Any suggestions?

Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:17 AM
  • SP1 did just come out and that might help for your issues... its not thru windows update yet and they reccommend you to wait, but you can google it and find it easily.

i also think that its not a 'how eq2 was built' problem because my friend is running vista and it doesnt give him any grief on his system... it actually gives the option to "Play" the game in bold and there is no sign of the "Run as Administrator" anywhere. I believe he has disabled all the "Windows Vista has detected you wish to breathe. Would you like to continue?" stuff on his. I also talked to a fellow eq2-er that runs vista and loves it and did everything he said he did (UAC stuff and admin privleges, etc) and still is giving me grief.

sigh

Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:37 AM
  • First off, this forum is for the support of Vista Activation and Validation issue. Your EQ2 issue is Off Topic for this forum.

I will not continue arguing with you, but I believe you should think about the fact that by your own admission, you say that there are people running EQ2, on Vista, that Do Not have this problem...therefore:

The issue is NOT "Vista has a problems with EQ2"

The True issue is "Your particular install of Vista has a problems with Your particular install of EQ2".

Again, I highly recommend going to the EQ2 Support FAQs and see if there is a known issue and a fix, or go to the EQ2 forums and see if there are other with a similare problem and see if they have directions on how to resolve it.

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:30 PM