Export data to excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I need to know how i can export all my CRM 3.0 data to Excel sheets?
    What's the best way to do that?
    Thanks in advance
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Thank you for your replies.
    Since i couldn't read any data from FilteredView, the solution was to build views that return all the fields and export the data from them to Excel.
    • Marked as answer by ms_crm Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:56 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:00 AM

All replies

• If you want to get all the data, and I'm assuming just export to Excel won't work, you can use the fetchxml builder from james downey:  http://www.jamesdowney.net/blog/page/Request-FetchXML-Builder-Key.aspx.  You may have to put in extra effort to make the xml Excel readable.

Or, if you have access to the sql server, execute select queries against the filtered views to retrieve the data.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:51 PM
  • You could make use of Offices connect to sql server function and using the filteredviews (Select * From FilteredAccounts ) etc

you could connect directly to the CRM table (yourorganisation_MSCRM) and output all the rows directly in.

Good Luck

Tell us how you got on!

Jonathan Nachman MBSP, MCTS Check Out My Blog KMS Software - CRM systems for the construction and building industry
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your replies.
    Since i couldn't read any data from FilteredView, the solution was to build views that return all the fields and export the data from them to Excel.
    • Marked as answer by ms_crm Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:56 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:00 AM