Message displayed after running the OneCare Scanner: PWS:Win32/Zbot.gen!Y (?) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Can anyone advise me what SPECIFIC steps/procedure should I follow to remove this possible infection on my PC? I have made several runs in the past few days and am getting the above infection consistently. I'm aware about the suggested use of Microsoft Security Essentials which I have already downloaded but NOT installd yet hoping that I obtain SPECIFIC advice how to install the Security Essentials in presence of the 'McAfee's Total Protection' Antivirus Program so that I could avoid loosing the McAfee present settings by temporarily UNINSTALLING it while installing the Security Essentials Program.

I have a X86-based Gateway GT5428 PC with VISTA Home Premium installed (6.0.6000 Build 6000) and Intel Pentium D CPU 3.20GHz (2 Cores), using 'McAfee's Total Protection' Antivirus Program.

A prompt advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance...!

• Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:44 PM Off topic. Not a One Care question.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:44 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:22 PM

All replies