Slow typing RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm having a hard time using Live Writer because while typing forward is fast, backspacing is extremely slow. There's a marked delay in displaying the information deleted and this results in deleting more than necesssary. Is anyone else having this issue? It should be noted that I'm on a 3 year old ultraportable running Windows XP SP3, 1.2 Ghz, 1 GB ram.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:14 AM

All replies

• I have noticed a similar problem with Live Writer (every version including the latest beta). On a quad core system mind you. Sometimes text input, including backspacing of course, lags quite a bit. It comes and goes, but it is thankfully a rare occurrence. Maybe it is related to the spell checking engine or whatever.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:30 AM
  • I have experienced same thing on my quad core.  It is very annoying.  Happened on previous and current beta.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:04 PM
  • Anyone have a workaround for this yet? It's pretty ridiculous to have this kind of bug even show up in a non-dogfood build. Where's the testing? :(
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:35 AM
  • Note, I'm on x64 Vista SP1 business.  Hope they get this fixed ASAP.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 2:35 PM
  • I'm on the standard x86 Windows XP SP3. I hope this is fixed asap as well.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 5:30 PM
  • Sorry folks, we're well aware of this--if there was an obvious way to fix it we would've long since done so. We're engaged with the IE team in trying to figure out what to do.

In the meantime the problem is usually not as bad if you turn off themed editing (View | Edit Using Theme).
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 11:20 PM