none
how to receive emails from forum RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to receive emails for all threads in a particular forum.  How do I configure my profile to do that.

Thanks,

Peter

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Friday, September 23, 2011 5:23 PM Forums question (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:17 PM

Answers

• We don't have the ability to enable users to subscribe to email alerts for all threads or all posts in a forum. You can subscribe to individual threads though by opening the thread and clicking alert me. To use this, you first need to configure your email address to receive alerts by going to the My Settings "Configure Alerts" section. The My Settings link is in the right hand column of the forums. 

In the future we are looking to move from forums to tags, enabling users to subscribe to threads and posts per tag (or set of tags). I don't have an eta for this yet, but some current forums bay have this ability in the January time frame.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:38 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the quick reply.  That is too bad though.  Now I'll need to go the forum itself to manually subscribe to any thread.  You may want to consider this an option.

Thanks,

Peter

Friday, September 23, 2011 6:21 PM

All replies

• Good question for the forums issues forum.  Moving this there.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:23 PM
  • We don't have the ability to enable users to subscribe to email alerts for all threads or all posts in a forum. You can subscribe to individual threads though by opening the thread and clicking alert me. To use this, you first need to configure your email address to receive alerts by going to the My Settings "Configure Alerts" section. The My Settings link is in the right hand column of the forums. 

In the future we are looking to move from forums to tags, enabling users to subscribe to threads and posts per tag (or set of tags). I don't have an eta for this yet, but some current forums bay have this ability in the January time frame.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:38 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the quick reply.  That is too bad though.  Now I'll need to go the forum itself to manually subscribe to any thread.  You may want to consider this an option.

Thanks,

Peter

Friday, September 23, 2011 6:21 PM