CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011 Upgrade - An error has occurred. RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning All.

I upgraded our Organization's CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011. The upgrade went smooth and didnt return any errors during the upgrade process at all. 

However when I tried to browse to the site I got a "An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support. " Error on the screen. 

Any ideas on what the problem could be or where I could find the upgrade log files. Maybe with some luck there will be something in there.

Thank you

Wynand

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Whether CRM site is opening on localhost from IIS.

If no, restart the CRM services and SQL services and check whether crm server is pinging with AD server and DB server.

Add the CRM port and SQL port in firewall in inbound and outbound rule.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:34 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Surya.

Thank you for the quick response, this has however not sorted out the issue for us. We restarted the server as well as all the services. The firewall has been switched off.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Wynand

Friday, May 11, 2012 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

Whether CRM opening from localhost ? Add the site under trusted sites.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Friday, May 11, 2012 10:51 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Wynand,

Please can you look into the Event view to see what’s going on? If this does not help please enable CRM tracing. Look through the error and post it. This might help you reach the root cause of the problem. 

Few other things you can do to narrow down the problem and that is to create a new 'Test' organization in CRM 2011 just to see if the problem is isolated to upgraded organization or across all organizations.

-Devashish
    http://thecrmworld.wordpress.com
    http://ebizartisans.com

Monday, May 14, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Hi All.

I seem to have found the problem. I went into the SQL backend and opened the User tables. I found that I was somehow mapped to my own user record as well as the Administrator user record. I deleted the CRM tennant and SQL DB. did the restore again, making sure I was only mapped to one user and Viola! I was able to access the ORG.

What is strainge thou is how this happened on the first place? Surely CRM should have moaned on when I mapped the users in CRM?

Anyway, thank you very much for the tips.

Wynand

Monday, May 21, 2012 9:46 AM