none
Is second shot voucher valid for the exam registered through local prometric testing center RRS feed

• Question

• I am going to give Exam MS 70-646 and need to know that is the second shot voucher will be applicable in case I need it. Please keep in mind that I have registered the exam through local Prometric testing center and not with a credit card, because Prometric has suspended payment through credit card in Pakistan. I have paid the Center cash and they have registered my exam by using a voucher, so in this case, will second shot voucher be valid for registration in case I fail the exam?
    Monday, February 4, 2013 11:57 AM

Answers

• The 2nd shot voucher I know had to be applied when registering for an exam. As far as I know it is nothing that you could use after you failed.

(Or a little different: You buy a vocher that has a 2nd shot inside. So you register with that voucher and when you fail, you can register again with the same voucher.)

That is also my understanding of http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/second-shot.aspx

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, February 4, 2013 12:03 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The 2nd shot voucher I know had to be applied when registering for an exam. As far as I know it is nothing that you could use after you failed.

(Or a little different: You buy a vocher that has a 2nd shot inside. So you register with that voucher and when you fail, you can register again with the same voucher.)

That is also my understanding of http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/second-shot.aspx

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, February 4, 2013 12:03 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks Mr. Konrad. In my case, I dont have an option to buy a voucher, I just go to the local Prometric Center, I ask them i want to give exam and they ask me for the fee ($80 for MS 70-646) and then they tell me that your exam is registered using a voucher (which are given to Promteric Testing Centers). They dont even ask me that whether I want a voucher with second shot or not, that's why i am asking that whether second shot voucher can be used when registering exam through Promteric Centers directly and not by credit card?

Monday, February 4, 2013 12:11 PM
  • @Tauseef, From which centre you registered your exam? You may ask those centres regarding it but i dont think it will work. 
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:05 PM
  • As stated by Konrad, you need to use the second shot voucher when registering for an exam.  You can't apply the voucher code after youv'e already rigistered.  One option could be to cancel your existing registration and then create a new registration.  You will need to check with Prometric though to ensure they don't charge a cancellation fee.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:13 PM