none
Exception during run: A device attached to the system is not functioning. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007001F) RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to keep running into this error, but I think I'm narrowing down the cause....file size....

When I hit this error I'm Echoing some files that are on teh network. When trying to do just a straight copy using windows I get a "cannot read from source disk or file" error which usually comes up when I try to transfer large files over our network.

It's a thought...
    Friday, May 2, 2008 11:24 PM

All replies

• Well, I managed to find a litle end run around the problem. The three files that were giving me problems were 54MB pdf files. For some reason, the standard Windows "transfre protocol" (and that of Synctoy) were unable to handle it. I decided to try something new and open the directory in a web browser (it's a sharepoint folder) and do a save as from the folder. The files transfered beautifully.

I'm assuming that the browser save as function handles file transfers different from the windows and synctoy transfers.
    Monday, May 5, 2008 4:09 PM
  • I'm getting the same device not functioning / 0x8007001f error with Synctoy, and I narrowed down the problem to permissions.  The Synctoy window in the background actually showed that there were problems creating the directories.  Synctoy generates temporary files/placeholders when it's preparing to copy, but at some point, these placeholders need to be deleted. 

Even though I had set up synching without deleting, it only worked after I gave the user erase permissions to the network directory she was synching with.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:53 PM