none
Free backup solution to use with NAS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows a free software to backup data from WHS. I'm not backing up any computers, just folders located on D: drive of our WHS. Problem is, that we want to buy NAS to keep the data backup away from the computer in case of a break in (our current external hard drive is just not very good for that).

There is SyncToy 2.0 from Microsoft, which looks great, but it corrupts .JPG files and that's something we can't afford.

Is there a software compatible with WHS (some of the ones I tried said they are incompatible and I couldn't install them) which is good and reliable?

Thank you,

Jakub

- sce
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:33 AM

Answers

• Try robocopy, which is part of the Windows NT Resource Kit (and in-box for Vista and Windows 7). I've been using it for years...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:52 PM

All replies

• Try robocopy, which is part of the Windows NT Resource Kit (and in-box for Vista and Windows 7). I've been using it for years...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:52 PM
  • Selice,

I just got pointed to remote NAS Backup by UK Software and it seems to be doing the trick as I am right now I am in the middle of doing a backup to my NAS, looks like it will take a day or so as it is backing up 12 tbs

Badjames_no1
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:49 AM