none
Marking over 50,000 throws error? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• In this particular case it's good it produced an error because Uri didn't provide an answer, he just requested the sample data and DDL.

I think it's better to have this thread in SSRS forum than in Database Design forum as there was no question in regards to design.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:02 PM
  • In this particular case it's good it produced an error because Uri didn't provide an answer, he just requested the sample data and DDL.

I think it's better to have this thread in SSRS forum than in Database Design forum as there was no question in regards to design.

My blog

Hi Naomi !

Thanks for pointing it out, Uri's reply never seemed to be an answer. As i am "Answerer" in this Forum [Database Design] should i unmark this and wait for some Moderator to move this to SSRS.

As you already knew Unmarking is very rare and we are advised not to unmark Answers without any consultation.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:14 AM
  • I don't think there are active community moderators now in that forum. Ask some of the MS moderators to move into SSRS forum.

BTW, I got 'Unexpected Error' attempting to answer. I think the forum's nightmare is back.

(Got the error second time).

My blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:28 PM
  • Yes, I got the same error right away when I tried to mark Uri's answer. Let me try to diagnose it now using IE as Robert taught me yesterday.

Actually, I am not exactly sure how to debug it.

My blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:35 PM
  • This issue of marking posts is known and being worked on. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:31 PM
    Owner
  • Yes, I got the same error right away when I tried to mark Uri's answer. Let me try to diagnose it now using IE as Robert taught me yesterday.

Actually, I am not exactly sure how to debug it.

I was going to suggest me creating a test thread and having more than one 50K+ person post in it and I would attempt to mark as answer to see if it is the recipient of the mark or the marker that the 50K+ theory is attached to.  But if it is a known issue, I guess we just wait?
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:34 PM
  • I will need to ask Bryant and the team for an update on this bug.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:38 PM
    Owner
  • Still investigating. It seems to be closely tied to the "unexpected error" issue. Potentially a SQL issue, but we do not know for sure. I'll keep you updated once we find out more.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:10 PM