none
Blog Counts in Profile Not Updated for Techet Blog Articles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a few blog posts in a new TechNet blog which I have created in the link below.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dynamicspts

However, the blog posts which I have made in this TechNet blog, does not reflect in my profile under the number of blog articles posted. 

I do understand that I will only get points when someone rates my blog article. However, the profile should show my blog article count updated with the number of articles which I have posted in the MSDN/TechNet blogs, which does not seem to happen. See the screenshot below.

It shows my blog posts as 2, but these are my posts in the MSDN blog and I have given the links to these articles below.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2012/07/11/email-functionality-in-dynamics-gp-some-table-definitions.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2012/07/02/sql-script-for-account-level-security.aspx

I have posted a few articles in the TechNet blog (link provided earlier) which does not reflect in my profile. 

Kindly advice and help me having my profile updated with the blog count of articles from my new TechNet blog as well.

Note: I am an FTE at Microsoft.

Regards
    Sivakumar Venkataraman
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Any update on this? I wrote a couple of more artiicles in the above mentioned technet blog and the count is not updated again.

Also, I have written a couple of artiles in Wiki and Gallery, and my count shows up for that, but the drop down under Activities, only lists Forums. Why does it not list other options like Wiki, Gallery and Blogs where I have had activities? Please see screenshots below.

Please advice.

Regards
    Sivakumar Venkataraman
    Partner Online Technical Community
    Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:11 AM
  • I've seen this bug with one of the authors of our Wiki Ninjas blog as well.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, August 3, 2012 6:22 AM
    Owner
  • I've been having the same problem as well, but I noticed the entry I wrote today seemed to increase my count by one, though the others weren't reflected that were written over the past week.  I have an internal service request filed and will update this thread when I hear back.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 5:17 AM
  • I've been having the same problem as well, but I noticed the entry I wrote today seemed to increase my count by one, though the others weren't reflected that were written over the past week.  I have an internal service request filed and will update this thread when I hear back.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Any word?

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:44 PM
    Owner
  • Still no official word back yet, but they replied this morning that they are still looking into it. 

I'll reply back with the next status update.

Thanks,
    Sam

My Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:54 PM
  • Any update on this?

Thanks!

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:49 PM
    Owner
  • I am still waiting to hear back, I just pinged them again.  My count is still missing a couple entries roughly from August 2-6, but seems to be increasingly correctly with my posts from August 8th on. 

Thanks,
    Sam

My Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:56 PM
  • Thanks for all your engagement.
    This is a known issue and our Oct\Nov release shall fix it.
    Just stay tuned.

Pan Zhang Customer Support EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:10 PM