Assign a Record to Team or Queue in CRM workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to know how i can assign a record to a team or queue instead of user in CRM workflow ?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

What record are you trying to assign to Queue\Team?
    You can assign records(case) to Queue not to team, But you can share records with team if needed.
    refer http://www.dynamicscrmtrickbag.com/2009/04/19/first-come/

Regards
    Vinoth

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:21 PM
  • Assigning a Record to a Queue:

Provided you are using CRM 2011, and the entity is enabled for queues (which is a simple setting in the Entity's Information page) here's how it works (and this is a departure from the method used in CRM 4.0)

1.) You can no longer assign records to a Queue using the Assign Step in Workflow. This is because they have enabled the Queue Item entity for Workflow. The Queue Item in 4.0 was entirely handled by the system, now it is a customizable entity, that is available to both end users and Workflow/Dialogs.

2.) To assign a record to a Queue, add a Create Record step to your Workflow, and choose Queue Item. You can set the appropriate values in the Queue Item by clicking the Set Properties button and then entering the values directly within the Queue Item record (which you can either hard-code, or use Dynamic Values).

3.) You must also specify the record that you are routing by setting the Queue Item lookup (This can be done using Dynamic Values in the form assistant).

That should do it. Let me know if you have any questions

Assigning a Record to Team:

1.) Add an Assign step to the Workflow.

2.) In the To lookup, simply enter the name of the team in the lookup control and let auto-resolve find the record for you, or click open the Lookup view. In the Lookup Record dialog, click the Look For picklist and select "Team".

That should do it for Assigning to a Team.

--Dodd
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:39 PM