Error(s) in eLearning - WCF RRS feed

• Question

• I've encountered a number of errors in the eLearning courses, having got over the hurdle of actually buying a course in the first place!

Thus far, I've attempted to complete 2 courses

In both cases, they crash periodically, and the only solution is to close down the course, closes down the browser that opened the course, and reopen, logging in again, before recommencing the course

Course 6654: Introduction to Windows Communication Foundation
    In this course, I was unable to complete the lab as whenever I tried running any code on your virtual machine, it failed due to a database error

Course 6655: Configuring and Hosting Windows Communication Foundation Services
    In this course, the lab notes bear no resemblance to the structure, filesnames & location of the code used on the virtual machine. This makes the lab pretty much impossible to start, never mind complete

I would expect an online course that I've paid for to work perfectly (Allowing for internet issues). This has certainly not been the case so far, and in future I'll probably just buy a book

Sunday, September 28, 2008 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention.

The problem with course 6655 has been raised by others as well, and the production vendor expects to resolve the issue by sometime next week.  I will repost on this thread when the fix is in place.

For 6654, I will follow up with the appropriate team internally to investigate the issue.

Sorry that your experience has been less than perfect!

Karin Lamb
    Product Planner
    Microsoft
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:37 PM
  • Hi Andy,

For the issue with 6654, the technical team has investigated the issue and believes that the lab is now working.  If you however experience problems again, it would be appreciated if you could please post the steps that resulted in the error on this forum.

As noted in my prior post, we are working on the issue for 6655.

Thank you!
    Karin Lamb
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:37 PM
  • No, the lab for 6654 is still not working
    The steps I take to create the problem are to follow the steps that your lab provides. This results in an error connecting to the database when you try to run the code. If there was a way in which you could save the session, I could provide you with that

Is there any indication that someone has fixed the lab for 6655, or should I just contact someone for a refund?
    Monday, October 13, 2008 7:13 PM
  • Is there an update for either of these issues?

Do you have a more formal means or reporting errors and/or complaints?
    In the hope that paying customers may receive some sort of timely response

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:59 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Sorry for the continued delay!  It is taking longer to fix the problem than expected.  Please contact me at karin.lamb@microsoft.com, and I will see what we can to do address your questions/concerns.

Karin Lamb
    Product Planner
    Microsoft
    Monday, October 20, 2008 10:09 PM
  • Hi Karin/Anyone who can help

I've tried emailing you, and haven't received any sort of response

Seriously, how do I go about making a complaint, and getting a refund. I've had an unusable product for over a month, and want my money back!
    There's seemingly no concept of complaints or refunds on your site

Thanks
    Andy
    Monday, October 27, 2008 7:02 PM
  • AndyTryingToGetHelpBuyingACourse said:

Hi Karin/Anyone who can help

I've tried emailing you, and haven't received any sort of response

Seriously, how do I go about making a complaint, and getting a refund. I've had an unusable product for over a month, and want my money back!
    There's seemingly no concept of complaints or refunds on your site

Thanks
    Andy

Hi Andy-

All refunds for learning courses that are within the refund policy can be obtained by calling the number listed listed for the country you live in posted here: http://learning.microsoft.com/help/BillingSupport.aspx 

Thanks!
    Alicia

Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:55 PM
  • Thank you for your response, I have opened a case with your complaints department, with a view to getting a full refund
    I imagine I will have to purchase the appropriate book, in order to complete the course, and obtain the certification
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:41 PM
  • I've tried contacting the numbers you list for the UK, but one is for XBox support, and the other is MSN Dial up support!

When I contacted Microsoft UK Customer services, they told me that you do not give refunds under any circumstances!

If nothing else, a refusal to refund a product that is not fit for purpose is a breach of UK law, not to mention a shocking attitude to take when dealing with customers

Now, I understand you may be distracted by an election or two over there, but some sort of response to this would be appreciated - telling me to mail you would be a good solution if my numerous emails were ever responded to
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:19 PM

I've tried contacting the numbers you list for the UK, but one is for XBox support, and the other is MSN Dial up support!

When I contacted Microsoft UK Customer services, they told me that you do not give refunds under any circumstances!

If nothing else, a refusal to refund a product that is not fit for purpose is a breach of UK law, not to mention a shocking attitude to take when dealing with customers

Now, I understand you may be distracted by an election or two over there, but some sort of response to this would be appreciated - telling me to mail you would be a good solution if my numerous emails were ever responded to

Hi Andy-

I am very sorry to hear of your experience here and I really want to help you.  Can you please contact me at learnmgr@microsoft.com so I can address this further with you?

I will also look into the problem with the billing numbers going to the wrong location.

Thanks
    Alicia
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:44 PM
  • Alicia Cales said:

AndyTryingToGetHelpBuyingACourse said:

I've tried contacting the numbers you list for the UK, but one is for XBox support, and the other is MSN Dial up support!

Hi Andy-

I am very sorry to hear of your experience here and I really want to help you.  Can you please contact me at learnmgr@microsoft.com so I can address this further with you?

I will also look into the problem with the billing numbers going to the wrong location.

Thanks
    Alicia

Good evening Alicia

I have emailed you with details, it would be good to get some sort of a response

Thanks
    Andy
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:15 PM

Alicia Cales said:

AndyTryingToGetHelpBuyingACourse said:

Hi Andy-

Thanks
    Alicia

Good evening Alicia

I have emailed you with details, it would be good to get some sort of a response

Thanks
    Andy

Andy, you'll have an email in a few minutes!

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:20 PM
  • I'll look forward to it!
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 10:50 PM
  • Well, I haven't got anything yet.......
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 2:04 PM
  • Any news Alicia? These 'few minutes' seem to have dragged a little.....
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:27 AM
  • Hi Andy-

I replied to you in email within minutes of you posting to the forum and writing in to me.   I'll foward what I sent with the hope that you receive it. 

Please keep me posted.

Alicia

Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Alicia Cales said:

Hi Andy-

I replied to you in email within minutes of you posting to the forum and writing in to me.   I'll foward what I sent with the hope that you receive it. 

Please keep me posted.

Alicia

Thank you Alicia

I'd just sent you an email to your learnmgr address, can you confirm you sent it to the email I used for that?
    I've yet to receive anything
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:30 PM

Alicia Cales said:

Hi Andy-

Please keep me posted.

Alicia

Thank you Alicia

I'd just sent you an email to your learnmgr address, can you confirm you sent it to the email I used for that?
    I've yet to receive anything

Hi Andy-

I just replied to you.  Please check and let me know.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:30 PM
  •  

Hi Andy, I just sent you email as well – Course 6655 is now fixed.

Karin Lamb

Product Planner

Microsoft

• Proposed as answer by Karin Lamb Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:06 PM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:05 PM