none
Gallery Contributor & Reorganizations System RRS feed

• Question

• I know when you first post the question in the TechNet Gallary, you will get the “Bronze”.  I don’t think it is updating after that.

How many scripts do I have to post to get Silver and Gold?

• Moved by Brent Serbus Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:17 PM rec quest (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:55 PM

Answers

• This information is now released:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#How_do_I_earn_achievements

Gallery Contributor II Published multiple contributions to the galleries. Silver      
          3 x Published a Contribution
          500 x Gallery Contribution Download

That means you posted 3 scripts and have 500 downloads (on all scripts total).

Gallery Contributor III Demonstrated an on-going commitment to share quality contributions to the galleries. Gold      
          10 x Published a Contribution
          3000 x Gallery Contribution Download

That means you posted 10 scripts and have 3K downloads (on all scripts total).

So your answers are 3 and 10. =^)

Hope this helps!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    • Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, September 9, 2011 1:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by David Sham Sunday, October 9, 2011 1:06 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:26 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Sorry.  Thanks for moving the question to the correct forum. 

Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:19 PM
  • We haven't explicitly shared that information yet. The point isn't to be going after the achievements in as much as you'll be rewarded as you participate.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 12:57 AM
  • So they are not going to get any “achievements” if they publish script in the gallery?

Monday, July 25, 2011 1:09 AM
  • There are achievements for publishing to the galleries, yes. The first time you publish and then after a few more and a few more after that.

Monday, July 25, 2011 5:08 PM
  • There are achievements for publishing to the galleries, yes. The first time you publish and then after a few more and a few more after that.

Could you please clarify what you mean by a few more? 

Definition (few) - more than one but indefinitely small in number

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:52 AM
  • I was about to ask the same question.  

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:55 PM
  • No, not really :) I was purposely vague on the values since we aren't ready to communicate them yet.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:59 PM
  • So let me ask you the question in a different way J if a person submit 50 scripts, what Recognition should (will) he get? 

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:42 PM
  • Based on this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/47727a02-509a-454f-9a0e-0cb44386c50f/, details of how the recognition system works should be out by 1st September
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:01 PM
  • This information is now released:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#How_do_I_earn_achievements

Gallery Contributor II Published multiple contributions to the galleries. Silver      
          3 x Published a Contribution
          500 x Gallery Contribution Download

That means you posted 3 scripts and have 500 downloads (on all scripts total).

Gallery Contributor III Demonstrated an on-going commitment to share quality contributions to the galleries. Gold      
          10 x Published a Contribution
          3000 x Gallery Contribution Download

That means you posted 10 scripts and have 3K downloads (on all scripts total).

So your answers are 3 and 10. =^)

Hope this helps!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    • Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, September 9, 2011 1:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by David Sham Sunday, October 9, 2011 1:06 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:26 PM
    Owner