Latest update hosed one of my users. RRS feed

• Question

• WHS said it had updated and restarted.  Now one of my users are not able to write any files to their share.  I have tried removing the account and re-creating the account and still getting same issue.  Here is a pic that shows the error.....

http://all4us5.net/e107_images/misc/write_error.jpg  

FYI DSC00864 is a jpeg file.  Also the file does not exist so this is creating the file in the folder.  I have also tried rebooting client and server but same issue.  No one else in house is having this issue.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:33 PM

Answers

• Stu Pidaso said:

WHS said it had updated and restarted.  Now one of my users are not able to write any files to their share.  I have tried removing the account and re-creating the account and still getting same issue.  Here is a pic that shows the error.....

FYI DSC00864 is a jpeg file.  Also the file does not exist so this is creating the file in the folder.  I have also tried rebooting client and server but same issue.  No one else in house is having this issue.

Hi,

Please submit a bug on Connect for this issue and include server and client CABs.

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by Stu Pidaso Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:42 PM

All replies

• Stu Pidaso said:

WHS said it had updated and restarted.  Now one of my users are not able to write any files to their share.  I have tried removing the account and re-creating the account and still getting same issue.  Here is a pic that shows the error.....

Hi,

Please submit a bug on Connect for this issue and include server and client CABs.

Thanks!
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by Stu Pidaso Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:42 PM
  • Lara, thanks for the quick response.  I actually just fixed the issue by reseting password on client.  All is good now.  To be honest I am not quite sure what happened.  WHS said it had an update and restarted.  The client (not my PC) I was told said it had a new program installed in the start menu and the WHS connector software was showing as that new program.  Anyway, thanks again.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:42 PM
  • Stu Pidaso said:

Lara, thanks for the quick response.  I actually just fixed the issue by reseting password on client.  All is good now.  To be honest I am not quite sure what happened.  WHS said it had an update and restarted.  The client (not my PC) I was told said it had a new program installed in the start menu and the WHS connector software was showing as that new program.  Anyway, thanks again.

No problem. I'm glad you got it fixed!

Windows Home Server
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:08 AM