USB 2 drivers..? RRS feed

• General discussion

• My hard drive bit the dust on me today and i lost all my data. I bought a new Hard drive and Vista Home Premium. Because this is a blank drive, i have no software drivers for my USB ports and i cant connect anything to the computer. (in addition to that ive lost my on-board sound card drivers and i dont know where to put the driver files i THINK are going to work with the card) the computer when purchased ran off Windows XP Media Center 2005.  If anyone knows where i can download the USB2.0 drivers and install them, or even just where to put my sound drivers, id greatly appreicate it.
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:20 AM

All replies

•   

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

However, your USB drive should not need driver files loaded externally, they should come from Windows. Refer to the documentation for your drive on how to create a partition and format it for use with Windows.
    For your sound problem, you need to identify the sound card, and follow the manufacturer instructions for updating the drivers for Vista. If the card is supported natively by Vista, you should be able to go to Control Panel/System/Device Manager and select the sound card and click Update Drivers under the properties for the card.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:53 PM