Copy of windows not genuine, HP, Windows 7, unable to run activation programs RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to activate computer running windows 7 on a 3 year old HP machine. When I try to utilize techniques from previous answered questions nothing seems to work. I get the following error message in windows activation dialogue - code 0x80070002, system cannot find file specified.

in my system description under activation status it says: not available, product id not available. I do have my product ID from the sticker on the back. This just happened out of the blue with no related event that I know of.

can anyone help?

Sunday, July 7, 2013 1:13 AM

Answers

• MGA Diagnostic Report Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:54 AM