Cannot get my site picked up,listed or indexed. Help Me please! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All

I have been trying to get my site listed by msn for months, alas no luck at all. I have a front page listing with yahoo and am moving towards the front page with Google.

My site is

www.bellababycakes.com.au

It is the only site I have, I am a small business owner here in Australia and dont send out millions of spam mail or anything dodgy like that.

My site is an Os Commerce site if that helps.

Can some one tell me what I am doing wrong.

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• As far as I can see, you have extremely few incoming links. Unless you can build some quality natural links, it will be very hard for Live Search to index your site or rank you at all.

You are ranking first page on Yahoo, most probably only cause you have "Bella Baby Cakes" in your url, title, etc and no competition whatsoever for that exact phrase.

Just my 2 cents Stick out tongue
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:43 PM
  •  

I rank on the first page on yahoo for the key word nappy cake, I am happy with that. As a relatively new site I am working on the natural links and stuff but how bad is it when they wont even accept my url.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:40 AM
  •  

I would also like to hear an explaination from the mods or admin in msn as to why it hasnt been picked up.
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:41 AM
  •  

I mean they have ebay listing ranked so why not a genuine store.
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:42 AM
  • One reason the Live bot has failed to crawl some of the websites discussed on this forum is a timeout.  Apparently the bot will wait only 10 seconds and it if doesn't get a reply it gives up and goes looking somewhere else.  Brett Yount has put in a request to extend the timeout period, but I don't know if it has yet been extended.

Unfortunately, the short timeout means that where you host your website and how responsive it is could have an impact on whether or not it gets crawled.

... Duane

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

I'll add your site to our support queue and get back to you as soon as we review your site.

Brett

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:44 PM
  • Thank you everyone, I was starting to think I was going crazy or doing something seriously wrong. I hope that my site is pretty quick loading. I will submit my site map and all the other things that I am supposed to do to make it easier to be picked up.

Friday, September 26, 2008 5:34 AM
  •  

Have just added a sitemap to my page do I need to submit that?
    Monday, September 29, 2008 3:18 PM
  • Still not listed, I don't know what else to do. I have a site map now, have submitted it. I guess I will just have to give up on msn.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:42 AM
  • Have you tried to ping your site. Unknown to many ping is not for blogs only.

Try pingomatic.com. It will ping a lot of ping servers and will send a lot of SE crawlers to your site. Every little thing helps.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 5:29 AM
  • Hi Bella,

We were having a couple minor issues the other day when I responded and it seems that my post didn't clear.

You now have your home page indexed.

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Abellababycakes.com&form=QBRE

I am sure that several other pages will be indexed shortly. I submitted 10 URLs through our submission tool.

Brett 

Friday, October 3, 2008 4:11 PM
  •  

I am seeing the same type activity, I have several pages listed on Google but MSN has not indexed anything except my home page.

Please advise http://ww.mobilewms.com

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:56 AM
  •  

Sorry Brett but you have indexed the wrong page.

My site is www.bellababycakes.com.au

The site that you have linked is

www.bellababycakes.com which is for the site bellabellababy

Monday, October 20, 2008 1:36 PM
  • There is site no idexing for my site at all.

http://livesearch.ninemsn.com.au/results.aspx?q=www.bellababycakes.com.au&form=QBRE3

Monday, October 20, 2008 1:39 PM
  •  

Hello,

Brett did you have any luck at all uploading my site.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:38 PM
  •  

Hello Brett?

Any luck with loading the site.

Friday, October 24, 2008 12:34 AM
  •  

Hello brettt
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:55 PM