Operating systems and windows home server RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a new computer running Windows 7 Home Premium and it tells me, when I tried to do a remote access that the operating system is not supported.   So what operating systems are supported with WHS?    I also have two computers that are turned on and running and which backup routinely with WHS - and it tells me that the connection for both of those machines is "disabled."   what does that mean?  thanks for any help or insight you can give.

Friday, October 1, 2010 5:14 AM

Answers

• From the product guide you can find on the Windows Home Server support website:

Your home computer must be running a version of Windows that supports Remote Desktop connections, such as: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows 7 Professional  and Windows 7 Ultimate.

Disabled generally means remote desktop to the client machine is not allowed (setting on the client machine). To change on the client machine press Windows Key and Pause/Break key together, this open system properties window, select external connections tab and change appropriate setting.

Friday, October 1, 2010 9:21 AM