CRM 2011 dedupe (Deduplication of data) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to know how the deduplication in CRM 2011 works? How is it controlled?

Is it controlled by rules within CRM or do I have to buy some third party software to enable my data to be checked through for duplications?

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Rachel

You can create duplicate detection rules for the related entity. CRM will find your duplicate data's , popup a screen  but even find the duplicate data , user can save the record.

Below request will return duplicate records related Duplicate Detection Rule .

** Be careful if CRM does not have a Duplicate Detection Rule for related entity , this request throws an error..

Entity DuplicateEntity = new Entity("entitylogicalname"); DuplicateEntity["fieldname"] = Value; var request = new RetrieveDuplicatesRequest { BusinessEntity = DuplicateEntity, MatchingEntityName = DuplicateEntity.LogicalName, };

RetrieveDuplicatesResponse res = (RetrieveDuplicatesResponse)_service.Execute(request);
     if (res.DuplicateCollection.Entities.Count > 0)
       {
         //duplicate found
       }

If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Thanks and Regards, Polat Aydın My blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:33 AM
  • Deduplication runs solely within CRM, and requires no additional software. It can run in 2 ways (you can use both):

• As users save a record - if a duplicate is found the user is notified and has the choice of whether to save changes or not
    • As scheduled jobs that run periodically, and produce a report of duplicates

Duplicates are determine by rules that you can create or amend. The rules are based on an exact or partial (first x characters) match on one or more fields

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:07 PM