Error: Fatal error During Installation of Fix it RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i am having a problem with trying to install the Fix it program at all, all that pops up is a error message "Error: Fatal Error During Installation" and that is it, i reset my IE but that didn't help at all, please help me my system seems to be gettingt he blue screen of death and it says something to do with drivers. Thanks so much, looking forward to a answer soon.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 11:33 PM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Fix it Tool. Would you please tell me more information to further solve your problem. 

1.  Can you please give me the exact display message (incl. title, and detailed text) when you encountered the issue?

2. Can you tell me the exact name(s) of the troubleshooter(s) you attempted to run when the issue was encountered?

3. Can the problem be reproduced at will? Does the problem persist after restarting Windows?

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks :)

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:01 AM
  • I too am getting the error here it is

an unexpected error has occurred. Setup can not continue. Please close and try again. Error: Fatal error during installation.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:23 PM
  • Hi bnicolet,

Thanks for your posted. To help us further troubleshoot the problem, I'd need more information from you to better understand your case. Could you please provide me your Fix it install event log information? Got it please refer as following:

1. Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Open Event Viewer

2. Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Applications

After you select this section and please note to source content, if you find any error/warning about "fix it center/matsvc" please provide to us.  Looking forwarding to your reply. Thanks. 

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

Monday, June 27, 2011 2:15 AM
  • I too am getting the error here it is

an unexpected error has occurred. Setup can not continue. Please close and try again. Error: Fatal error during installation.

I'm getting the same problem with my vista home premium laptop, works fine on my vista home basic.

Ryan Owens
    Monday, June 27, 2011 5:25 PM
  • Dear ryan12charter,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it tool. To further troubleshoot and analysis this problem. Could you please provide us more run/install/update fix it center tool  information? 

Above I listed how to get it please refer to it, thanks.

Best Regards,
    Alex

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:16 AM
  • Receiving error message when attempting to install the Fix it Center.

"Fix it Center Setup encountered an error.  An unexpected error has occurred.  Please close and try to run Setup again later."

Event ID: 7036, The Windows Modules Installer service entered the stopped state.

Source:Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider

Thanks

Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:32 PM