Error Changing AD Login in CRM User Record RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I an getting this error message:
    You are attempting to create a user with a domain logon that is alreeady used by another user.Selec another domain logon and try again.

While trying to add/modify a new user with those credentials. Error persists even if a create a temp account and later try to modify it  to the final correct user.

Any idea about it ?

Thanks and regards

Yojan
    Monday, October 26, 2009 4:19 PM

Answers

• The first will be what Donna wrote - check you disabled users (remember that search will be working against active users).
    The other thing it can be when you for example roll back organization database but not configuration. In these case if you created a user which is registered in both DBs and two security group in AD can be unvisible by search but you cannot add this user to CRM. You can fix it manually in DB (highly unsupported).
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Monday, October 26, 2009 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yojan Friday, November 20, 2009 11:17 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:16 PM

All replies

• Check to see if you have a disabled CRM user record with the same login.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, October 26, 2009 4:46 PM
  • The first will be what Donna wrote - check you disabled users (remember that search will be working against active users).
    The other thing it can be when you for example roll back organization database but not configuration. In these case if you created a user which is registered in both DBs and two security group in AD can be unvisible by search but you cannot add this user to CRM. You can fix it manually in DB (highly unsupported).
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Monday, October 26, 2009 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yojan Friday, November 20, 2009 11:17 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:16 PM