Why does it cost 40 bucks to renew? RRS feed

• Question

• Why does it cost 40 bucks to renew when the product can be bought for 30 bucks? 
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:17 AM

Answers

• It costs $49.95 US for the annual automatic subscription renewal through Microsoft, for you me and everyone in the US.

However, the over the counter 'Box' product pricing is set by the store you purchase it from and often may have special promotional pricing to get you into their store. You can purchse one of these copies at a store and then use the Product Key on the box to extend your subscription any time before your current subscription runs out. I did this myself just a few months ago.

OneCareBear

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:05 AM

All replies

• It costs $49.95 US for the annual automatic subscription renewal through Microsoft, for you me and everyone in the US.

However, the over the counter 'Box' product pricing is set by the store you purchase it from and often may have special promotional pricing to get you into their store. You can purchse one of these copies at a store and then use the Product Key on the box to extend your subscription any time before your current subscription runs out. I did this myself just a few months ago.

OneCareBear

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:05 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply......I found the code.....thanx.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:42 PM