Can't remove an alert for a computer that is no longer on network RRS feed

• Question

• I recently got rid of a computer off my network that was failing. Shortly before I formatted the computer, the AV on it died and I received an error from the WHS: "Check your antivirus software status". Now the computer is no longer on the network and I've turned off backups for the computer. I have kept the last couple of backups as I have files in there and I have plenty of disk space. However, the error notification still pops up for the nonexistant computer.  Does anyone know how to get rid of the notification? Its driving me nuts.  Thank you everybody.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 6:33 AM

Answers

• Normally you should be able to set WHS to suppress these messages from the WHS console, Health Tab.

If that doesn't work you can try:

1. Log on to the WHS desktop (remote desktop is fine)
    2. Start, Run, type regedit, Hit Enter
    3. Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\Notification\1.0\Sources
    4. Below that key you should find a clienthealth subkey with subkeys referring to the error message from the removed computer
    5. Delete the  subkeys and the whs.clienthealth key for that machine
    6. Also check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\Notification\1.0\Suppression
    7. If you find any keys there referreing to the removed machine delete these also
    8. Log off from WHS desktop
    9. You may need to reset the console from a client or reboot to the server.

• Marked as answer by AFCL Friday, April 10, 2009 8:59 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 10:35 AM