Suppressing Unwanted Wireless Networks RRS feed

• Question

• SPECIFIC TO WINDOWS 7 AND 8 CLIENTS

The Issue

I operate a number of wireless networks across the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

On opening the utility provided by Microsoft, with which to select the desired

wireless network, I can see dozens of wireless networks that do not interest

me and which only serve to clutter up the display. Making the selection of my

own networks more difficult.

The Requirement

I wish to selectively suppress wireless networks from being displayed in the

connection manager utility. Or, I wish have an alternative utlilty with which I

can achieve the desired result.

General Remarks

I have tried using the netsh utility, but no such functionality is there.

Thanks

Monday, January 27, 2014 10:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bonum,

It is not a develpment issue, right?

This forum is for general desktop development issue. I will move this thread to a more suitable forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Might ask them over here.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=w7itpronetworking&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:35 AM
  • Hello,

Either ask where Dave suggests, or in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:10 PM