SoundMAX error message RRS feed

• Question

• When I log into an account I get a window entitled SoundMAX.  In the window is the message - Your audio hardware configuration has changed.  You must re-install SoundMAX.  A bit of history:  I swapped hard drives between a HP dc 7700 CMT and a HP dc7800 CMT.  Needed more compartment space for a "long" card that the 7700 had.  Any way, it seems that what is called for is a driver that is compatible with the onboard audio present in the dc 7800 but is not presnt in the dc 7700.  When I download the appropirate file from HP to re-install SoundMAX on the dc 7700, the return message reads not sppropriate for this computer - or something like that.  The sound works OK - but the error window is annoying.  I simply clik OK and it goes away.  I would like to know how to stop it from appearing in the first place.  Both machines are running XPSP2.

Thanks.
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 10:10 PM

Answers

• This is the windows Home Server forum. For issues with your Windows XP installation, you should try a more appropriate venue, such as Microsoft's Windows XP newsgroups.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 10:17 PM

All replies

• This is the windows Home Server forum. For issues with your Windows XP installation, you should try a more appropriate venue, such as Microsoft's Windows XP newsgroups.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 10:17 PM
  • Sorry.  I posted my request here because there were several other threads that solved similar problems that resulted from the hard drive swap described in my original post.  XP is installed and running.  I will, however, try a similar message on the Windows XP newsgroups venue.  I'm rather new to actually posting, but have found many solutions reading.  Thank you for the heads up.
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 11:12 PM