Live mesh sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've set up live mesh on two machines and all seemed Ok but now the auto sync has stopped working, I've followed the instructions in help (e.g. In the mesh bar, click Synchronized Devices, then click Settings) But there is no settings link?

Has the link moved?

Tom

Friday, March 26, 2010 1:06 PM

Answers

• Steve,

Thank you. This is the bit where I hope the ground opens up and swallows me. I had saved the document I was working it's folder in my documents but had forgotten to save a copy in the mesh folder.

I'll go away now and be very quite (hopefully no one else has noticed!

Tom

Friday, March 26, 2010 4:33 PM

All replies

• When Sync stops working for a period of time, the things to generally try are:

1. Sign out of Mesh on the PC and sign back in or reboot the PC. Sometimes that works.

2. Change the sync settings for the folder at www.mesh.com to not sync with the PC in question and then wait for the local folder to change to a non-mesh folder. Then change the settings again to sync with that PC and use Browse to merge with the existing folder.

3. Remove the device from the Mesh at www.mesh.com, uninstall Mesh from the PC, reinstall Mesh to the PC and set up the sync folders again.

What do you mean by auto sync as stopped, exactly? How many folders, how many machines, all machines? Peer to peer for the folder or also with the Live Desktop?

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, March 26, 2010 2:24 PM
  • Steve,

Thank you. This is the bit where I hope the ground opens up and swallows me. I had saved the document I was working it's folder in my documents but had forgotten to save a copy in the mesh folder.

I'll go away now and be very quite (hopefully no one else has noticed!

Tom

Friday, March 26, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Tom, we've *all* been there, so no reason to be so harsh on yourself. Glad to read that you solved the mystery!

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:04 PM