I don't know the Product key RRS feed

• Question

•  

I received a laptop last september. My mom bought it in Colombia and brought it to me here in Gemany where I currently live. I know that I have to suscribe to windows one care and everytime I try to do it, it says that I have the wrong product key, I don't know where I can get this number then. Thank you
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 12:24 PM

Answers

• The product key to use for activating OneCare, if it was installed from a retail CD, is inside the retail package on a yellow/orange sticker pasted to the back of the CD tray.

If your laptop came with a trial copy of OneCare and no retail copy was purchased and installed by you, then you need to subscribe by purchasing a retail box copy or provide payment information during the activation process.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:19 PM

All replies

• The product key to use for activating OneCare, if it was installed from a retail CD, is inside the retail package on a yellow/orange sticker pasted to the back of the CD tray.

If your laptop came with a trial copy of OneCare and no retail copy was purchased and installed by you, then you need to subscribe by purchasing a retail box copy or provide payment information during the activation process.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:19 PM
  • Hi! thanx for your answer. Well I actually have a free trial and I just have 32 days left but even thought I don't have any number and I don't know where it was, is or can get it.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Since it is the free trial copy and you don't have a retail box, you can buy a retail copy of OneCare in a store or from an online retailer and use the key found inside the box.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:51 PM