none
Can somebody with MCSA and MCDST call themselves a certified expert? RRS feed

• Question

• This is a really dumb question, but having earned the MCSA and MCDST certifications (and of course the MCP along the way), can I call myself a certified expert on Windows XP?

Part of the reason I ask is that even after I passed the exams, there was a lot that wasn't covered, and I _still_ occasionally learn new things about Windows XP, in spite of the fact that's it's been out for 10 years now. Yes, I know that 2/3 of MCSA is on Server 2003. However, I've had MCSA the longest.

Especially to nontechnical users when saying things like "don't mess around with the registry unless you have a good idea what you're doing." (A lesson I learned the hard way back with Windows 95. Then again, when I got Virtual PC with the "undo disk" feature, I kinda indulged myself in experimenting with the registry. Messed up quite a few times, but the undo disk made it easy to fix and I found some great customizations).

Also, more importantly would it qualify me to testify in court as an "expert witness"?  A good friend of mine is having a small dispute, and neither side is hiring big name lawyers and the like. He asked if I qualify and could testify to some basic facts about Windows. Otherwise, he'd have to pay somebody probably a lot of money.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:21 AM

Answers

• Could you not just call yourself a Microsoft certified professional windows xp or certified professional windows xp that way you are telling the complete truth with regards to your expertise. Glamming up your job title is ok on a CV but in a court of law it would not be wise,

Regards

Kevin

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:43 AM

All replies

• Could you not just call yourself a Microsoft certified professional windows xp or certified professional windows xp that way you are telling the complete truth with regards to your expertise. Glamming up your job title is ok on a CV but in a court of law it would not be wise,

Regards

Kevin

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:43 AM
  • I have been calling myself a MCP on my resume, but I was unsure if that was enough to be an "expert witness".  Hence my question. I'd testify as a favor, so he wouldn't need to hire someone.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:40 AM
  • Try this book "Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit" for me this is the best thing you can do to Master Windows XP. also its good to read "Microsoft Windows Registry Guide, Second Edition"

hope that help

thanks

Haitham

• Proposed as answer by Haitham1977 Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel KhanModerator Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by SlickRCBD Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:02 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by SlickRCBD Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:31 PM