ClientSyncProvider RRS feed

• Question

• I'm exploring writing my own ClientSyncProvider to support a 3rd party database on the client.  Is there any documentation out there describing the abstract class?

Thanks
    Joe
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:25 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

There is no documentation for provider authors at this point. We should have one toward the release of the final bits which is targeted for Orcas release.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

There is no documentation for provider authors at this point. We should have one toward the release of the final bits which is targeted for Orcas release.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

I was looking for a synchronization method when I found "Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET". It is really exciting. Now I have encountered a problem. I have got different clients. Clients with SQL Server CE, SQL Server Express and even with SQL Server 2005. I was thinking that the API supports ClientSyncProvider for all of these clients but know I can see that it has only implemented ClientSyncProvider for SQL Server CE.

First I want to know if I'm right and other ClientSyncProviders are not released yet. If it is so when can we expect their release?

Thank you
    Monday, July 16, 2007 7:28 AM